Swannanoa Valley Animal Hospital
100 Martin Road, Swannanoa, NC 28778
Dear Valued Client,
Regarding: Internet Prescriptions
We are giving out this information to all clients that wish to purchase their pet's prescription medications from non-veterinarian sources. This letter is written to inform our clients of important information regarding these purchases.
- Only veterinarians are authorized to sell pet Rx medications like: Frontline, Heartguard, Interceptor, Revolution, Trifexis, or Comfortis. The companies (Merial, Novartis, Elanco) do not guarantee their products if purchased from “unauthorized distributors” such as “on-line” pharmacies. Should the products fail and your pet become infested with fleas, heartworms, or intestinal parasites, the companies will pay for treatments only if the product was purchased from a veterinarian.
- SVAH personally guarantees the products we sell. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of a product you purchased from us, please return it for a refund or exchange.
- SVAH requires that when Heartworm prevention is purchased from an unauthorized distributor, your pet must have a yearly heartworm test instead of an every 2 year testing protocol.
- There may be a $5.00 charge for a written prescription (pulling and reviewing a file by a doctor). This fee will be waived when prescriptions are asked for and written during an office visit.
- While the “on-line” stores only sell the products in 6 packs, for your convenience, SVAH also sells individual doses with no shipping fees.
- Lastly, many manufacturer's offer “rebates” and “free dose” offers which are only valid if purchased from a veterinarian. These coupons often make the purchases cheaper through the veterinarian.
- In the end, it is up to you to decide where you purchase your pet's medications. Please shop wisely and informed.
Dr. Otto Sharp